A plan for a better, hope-filled future
Provide a 12-step program to assist people who want to recover from drug or alcohol addiction and willingly choose sober living.
Encourage, equip, and strengthen people in sober living using the proven 12-step method within a community of recovered and recovering women and men. The Meeting will consist of key teachings, sharing of experiences, open discussions, fellowship, and more. Participants will also be encouraged to have a sponsor for one-on-one guidance and assistance, and to sponsor others when ready.ritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.
Wednesday's, 7:00PM - 8:00PM
Illuminate Church, 2801 Ingleside Drive, Augusta, GA 30909
1. We admitted we were powerless over drugs or alcohol - that our lives have become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts or alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
How The Meeting Works
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our direction. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this program. This program does require getting honest with ourselves and we want to bring the resources to all who come so they can enjoy a new and lasting freedom.
Half measures will not give you success. Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened, and what we are like now. If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it, then you are ready to follow the direction of recovery. We believe that there is One who has all power—that One is God. May you find Him now! Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.
We believe in 12-step recovery. Many have said, “What an order! I can’t go through with it.’’ Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines and be truthful and honest with ourselves. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.